Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Triathlon Day

July 26th was the big day of the race and the kids were all geared up and excited to go. They weren't nervous at all. I think I was more worried about it than they were. They did a great job and had fun too! Even if it was over 100 degrees outside:( We are so proud of them.
Didn't the shirts turn out good too? Dave got to put his logo on the back as one of the sponsers of the event. Of course, we made our logo the biggest so it would stand out.

Ryan was #54 and thought it was cool to have it stamped on his arms and legs.

Here is Ryan getting ready to start his swim. They swam from corner to corner which was 25 meters.

He was fast!

Going to the transition area to get his helmet and shoes on. Go Ryan!

They closed off the road for the race.
He's off his bike and running...

....and a sprint to the finish line! Time= 11:45 min.

Ryan was 5th out of 10 boys in his age group.

But his favorite part of the whole day was that he won the raffle at the end for an I-pod shuffle. He kept saying he was going to win it...and he did! It was pretty funny.

Here was Kylie, #2, getting ready to swim.

She glides through the water. This is were she does best.

Trying to find her bike out of 105 others.

The bike ride was 1.5 miles. They did 2 big loops down the street.

She had to walk a little during the run. She was sure pooped!

And a walk over the finish line...and she was done. It was a 1/4 mile run in very hot, humid weather. Her time overall was 10:49 min.

She was a bit pale at the end but a little food and water perked her right up.
She ended up 6th out of 12 in her age group. Awesome job!

We are the champions!!!!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

That is so cool that your kids did that! What an accomplishment! When is your next triathlon? We have got to do one together. I am doing Tri in the Pines next month and possibly the Anthem Tri in September.

Karin said...

It depends on if I get a bike soon. But Dave and I are doing the YMCA on Thanksgiving Day. We need to get together soon.

mom2boot said...

Aunt J is a little tardy with my Kudos, but YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!
I'm so proud of you! You are definitely going to teach me a thing or two about getting into shape! ;-)
I love you all!