Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thanksgiving Day Triathlon

So I know I am still behind on my posts but here are the pictures of our Thanksgiving triathlon. This was my third tri and Dave's first so we were full of nerves that morning. There were over 600 people competing in the race so it was a big one for us. Plus it was a "reverse tri" which meant we ran first, then biked, then swam. That was tough! We had Dave's family in town for the week so it was fun having them there to cheer us on...and take great pictures! Thanks for supporting us Rusicks! Scroll down to see how we did....

Dave just before the run.
Rusick Chiropractic Clinic got to sponser "TriRevolution" and be on the cool new uniforms. There were about 15 of us wearing them.


The guys raced first and then the women about 10 minutes later.

Jennifer and I coming in from the 2 mile run.

I got my bike and started my 12 mile ride. It was the most fun I've had racing on my bike!

Dave heading for the pool. Go babe!

Cheers of encouragement from Mom, Rich, Ryan, Kylie, and Garrett.

Swim Dave, you're almost done.

Transitioning from the bike to the swim.

Me swimmin. 400 meters.

We did it! This is were I'm saying to Dave, "Why did we just do that...that was so hard...I'm gonna pass out...wasn't it great though!"

Kylie giving us love

Dave and I had such a good time training for the race and then finishing it. Now, of course, he is hooked too. I'm glad he liked it as much as I did and that we have something to do together that's challenging and fun. Dave ended up getting 11th in his age group. He had some tough competition. He was just glad he beat me by 30 seconds! (I'll catch him next time). I ended up getting 1st place in my age group and 6th overall out of the women. I was quite surprised with myself. After the race we had a wonderful Thanksgiving Feast and didn't feel the slightest bit guilty for pigging out!

3 comments:

hortongirls said...

Awesome job! Your swimming picture is great, such form! See you in a couple weeks!

Gina said...

You two are machines! I hope you super pigged out! 1st place deserves it!!!

Tammy said...

Congratulations! You both did amazing! The pictures were great to see!